The mission of the Gilmore Memorial Preschool (GMPS) is to develop school readiness for all children and families to ensure that they have a high- quality, comprehensive culturally appropriate early childhood experience in a safe and loving environment.
It is our assignment to become one of the best preschool programs in educating Paterson’s Urban Preschoolers by igniting a passion for becoming lifelong learners.
- Quality education in a safe and loving environment.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the contexts of family, culture, community and society.
- Respect the dignity, worth and uniqueness of each (child, family member, and colleague).
- Respect diversity in children, families and colleagues.